1864, Promoted

          Dear Julia and family,
I miss you all! I have had a lot of success of the battle field and I am excited because my hard work was noticed. I have been promoted to lieutenant general and given command of all the Union armies. All my victories are for you, my loving family, and I'm so thankful for your support. I have attached some trading cards that I thought you might have fun playing with. There is a card of me in my general's uniform and of some of my good friends, Thomas Norton and James Richardson. Please keep in touch and stay safe!
           All my love,
                Ulysses Grant

Here are the trading cards!
https://drive.google.com/a/springbranchisd.com/file/d/1NREtakwnZGprUm5TN-D3yenJkaDoiL6Y/view?usp=drivesdk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 29, 1863